Dave Stachowiak: Listener Dialogue
Dave shares relevant dialogue from recent interactions with Coaching for Leaders listeners.
“The beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms.” -Socrates
“You can have everything in life you want if you’ll just help enough other people get what they want.” -Zig Ziglar
- Leadership is where you are going. Management is how to get there.
- Mentoring should be a two-way street. The mentor should be getting as much insight and wisdom as the mentee.
- Real selling is providing solutions to problems and building relationships.
- At the root of every human conflict is unclear expectations.
- Getting Things Done by David Allen*
- Full Focus Planner
- Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Address
- How I Became The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Financial Intelligence by Joe Knight*
- The 100 Best Business Books of All Time by Jack Covert, Todd Sattersten, and Sally Haldorson*
- Youtility by Jay Baer*
- Law 101 by Jay Feinman*
- Let’s Get Real or Let’s Not Play by Mahan Khalsa and Randy Illig*
- The Coaching Habit by Michael Bungay Stanier*
- Dave’s GoodReads
- Dealstorming by Tim Sanders* (Bonus Audio)
- CFL4: What Is Coaching and Why It’s Different From Other Development Tools
- CFL84: Daniel Pink on To Sell is Human (Bonus Audio)
- CFL184: Getting Things Done with David Allen
- CFL192: How to Create Team Guidelines
- CFL233: How to Make Deep Work Happen
- CFL237: These Coaching Questions Get Results
- CFL249: How to Succeed with Leadership and Management, with John Kotter
- CFL284: The Way to Stop Rescuing People From Their Problems
- CFL294: How to Actually Move Numbers (Bonus Audio)
- CFL299: How to Lead Top-Line Growth (Bonus Audio)
- CFL349: The Path to Start Leading Your Team
- MemberCast 5: The Value of Coaching Certifications
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Thank you to susan-coach for the kind review on Apple Podcasts. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/apple. If you’re an Overcast user and this episode was helpful, just hit that star button on the episode to help recommend it to others. Thank you if you do either.