Susan Gerke: GO Team Resources
Susan Gerke has been the president of Gerke Consulting & Development. She has worked with global teams and has certified facilitators around the world to deliver management, leadership, and team offerings. Susan is co-creator of GO Team, a training suite for organizations to power team performance.
- Don’t create guidelines yourself and give them to the team.
- A starting point for how to create team guidelines is what did not work well on a previous team.
- The interpersonal dynamics that emerge are more critical than the guidelines themselves.
- Aim to create no more than 8 guidelines.
- Disagreement is the sign of a healthy team.
- Continue to revisit guidelines in future meetings and team milestone (new members join or the team, change to team composition or purpose)
- The Four Unique Types of Teams, with Susan Gerke (episode 138)
- How Great Teams Find Purpose, with David Burkus (episode 481)
- How to Engage Remote Teams, with Tsedal Neeley (episode 537)
- How Top Leaders Influence Great Teamwork, with Scott Keller (episode 585)
- How to Help Team Members Find the Right Work, with Patrick Lencioni (episode 610)