Tim Sanders: Dealstorming
Tim Sanders was the Chief Solutions Officer at Yahoo! and later, the company’s leadership coach. He is the author of four books, including the New York Times bestseller Love Is the Killer App: How To Win Business & Influence Friends* and his new book Dealstorming: The Secret Weapon That Can Solve Your Toughest Sales Challenges*.
- Every big thing we try to do is not just the one thing, it’s a lot of smaller things put together.
- You no longer sell to just one decision-maker, you have to sell to an entire team or a committee.
- When selling, you’ll probably never meet most of the people need to influence.
- Somebody in the company you’re selling to needs to be your advocate.
- Leaders should always have a mentee because it’s a great leadership habit, not because it’s an HR program.
- The best mentors expect nothing in return.
- If you assume people are acting with the best intentions, you’re going to be a much happier leader.
- Dealstorming: The Secret Weapon That Can Solve Your Toughest Sales Challenges* by Tim Sanders
- Love Is the Killer App: How To Win Business & Influence Friends * by Tim Sanders
- The Surprising Truth About Influencing Others, with Daniel Pink (episode 84)
- How to Collaborate Across Organizations, with Kirsten Foot (episode 215)
- How to Actually Move Numbers, with Chris McChesney (episode 294)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.