Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, Dean of Teaching and Learning and Professor of Business and Management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, she was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. Bonni is the author of The Productive Online and Offline Professor: A Practical Guide.
- Susan asked about assessing the difference between an employee who has addressable gaps in their skills and knowledge versus when they are in over their head.
- Elizabeth asked our advice on managing a team member who appears over-confident in their abilities…and how to hold them accountable.
- Steve wondered how we handle household tasks between the two of us in the midst of our busy schedules.
- Analyzing Performance Problems* by Robert Mager and Peter Pipe
- The Alignment Problem by Brian Christian
- Wonder Tools by Jeremy Kaplan
- The Home Edit by Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin
- The Way to Stop Rescuing People From Their Problems, with Michael Bungay Stanier (episode 284)
- How to Challenge Directly and Care Personally, with Kim Scott (episode 302)
- Five Steps to Hold People Accountable, with Jonathan Raymond (episode 306)
- Finding Joy Through Intentional Choices, with Bonni Stachowiak (episode 417)