Kim Scott: Radical Candor
Kim Scott is a co-founder of Candor, Inc. She has been an advisor at Dropbox, Kurbo, Qualtrics, ReelGoodApp, Rolltape, Shyp, Twitter, and several other Silicon Valley companies. She is the author of the new book Radical Candor: Be a Kickass Boss without Losing your Humanity*.
- Show you care at a personal level.
- You can’t build a relationship that’s not personal.
- In order to care personally for someone, you have to bring your whole self, not just your “business” persona.
- Sometimes we get so focused on the work that we forget there’s actually a person doing the work.
- Begin by soliciting feedback, not by giving it.
- To get feedback, come up with a go-to question like “Is there anything I could do or stop doing that would make it easier to work with me?”
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL223: Start With Why Featuring Simon Sinek
- CFL290: How to Manage Abrasive Leaders
- CFL301: How to Get the Ideal Team Player
Pete Mockaitis joins us next week discuss how to inspire real ownership from others. He’s the host of the How to Be Awesome at Your Job podcast.
Thank you to skilshaw in Australia for the kind review on iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/itunes
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback