Sharone Bar-David: Abrasive Leaders
Sharone Bar-David is the author of Trust Your Canary: Every Leader’s Guide to Taming Workplace Incivility* and president at Bar-David Consulting, a company offering solutions for creating a respectful workplace and rehabilitating abrasive leaders.
- Abrasive leaders often don’t realize how they’re acting, or if they do, they don’t realize the negative affects.
- One of the greatest myths is that you can’t do without someone — everyone is replaceable.
- The three steps of SBD:
- State the Expectation – What values or behavior you expect?
- Behavior – What are the behaviors that are of concern?
- Desired Behavior – How do you want the person to act?
- 360 reviews are good for diagnosing a problem with an abrasive leader, but not for solving it.
- Abrasive Leader Risk Assessment
- Trust Your Canary* by Sharone Bar-David
- Abrasive Leaders: Five Mistakes You’ve Made When Managing Them
- Is Your Email Writing Style Putting You at Risk?
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Bonni and I return for the monthly question and answer show. Submit your question for consideration next week or for the first question and answer show the first Monday of every month at https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback
Thank you to Chris and Lisa from the States and Monique in Australia for the kind review on iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/itunes