Patrick Lencioni: The Ideal Team Player
Patrick Lencioni is the founder of The Table Group and the author of 11 books which have sold over 5 million copies and been translated into more than 30 languages. He is the author of the blockbuster bestseller The Five Dysfunctions of a Team*, and his most recent bestseller, The Ideal Team Player: How to Recognize and Cultivate the Three Essential Virtues*.
- Team players should be humble, hungry, and smart. Of the three, hunger is the hardest to teach later in life.
- Standard interviews don’t work. Think of unconventional ways to really get to know the interviewee.
- All the people interviewing a person need to evaluate the candidate using the same standards.
- There is a very high opportunity cost for hiring someone with values that don’t fit into your organization.
- Table Group Hub
- The Ideal Team Player* by Patrick Lencioni
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team* by Patrick Lencioni
- The Look and Sound of Leadership
Download my highlights from the The Ideal Team Player in PDF format (free membership required).
- Create the Best Place to Work, with Ron Friedman (episode 181)
- Detect and Eliminate Organizational Sabotage, with Bob Frisch and Cary Greene (episode 260)
- How to Motivate People, with Dan Ariely (episode 282)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.