Patrick Lencioni: The Ideal Team Player
Patrick Lencioni is the founder of The Table Group and the author of 11 books which have sold over 5 million copies and been translated into more than 30 languages. He is the author of the blockbuster bestseller The Five Dysfunctions of a Team*, and his most recent bestseller, The Ideal Team Player: How to Recognize and Cultivate the Three Essential Virtues*.
- Team players should be humble, hungry, and smart. Of the three, hunger is the hardest to teach later in life.
- Standard interviews don’t work. Think of unconventional ways to really get to know the interviewee.
- All the people interviewing a person need to evaluate the candidate using the same standards.
- There is a very high opportunity cost for hiring someone with values that don’t fit into your organization.
- Table Group Hub
- The Ideal Team Player* by Patrick Lencioni
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team* by Patrick Lencioni
- The Look and Sound of Leadership
Download my highlights from the The Ideal Team Player in PDF format (free membership required).
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL181: Create the Best Place to Work
- CFL260: Detect and Eliminate Organizational Sabotage
- CFL282: How to Motivate People
Kim Scott, the author of the new book Radical Candor*, joins me to discuss how to care personally and challenge directly.