Patrick Lencioni: The Ideal Team Player
Patrick Lencioni is the founder of The Table Group and the author of 11 books which have sold over 5 million copies and been translated into more than 30 languages. He is the author of the blockbuster bestseller The Five Dysfunctions of a Team*, and his most recent bestseller, The Ideal Team Player: How to Recognize and Cultivate the Three Essential Virtues*.
- Team players should be humble, hungry, and smart. Of the three, hunger is the hardest to teach later in life.
- Standard interviews don’t work. Think of unconventional ways to really get to know the interviewee.
- All the people interviewing a person need to evaluate the candidate using the same standards.
- There is a very high opportunity cost for hiring someone with values that don’t fit into your organization.
- Table Group Hub
- The Ideal Team Player* by Patrick Lencioni
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team* by Patrick Lencioni
- The Look and Sound of Leadership
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL181: Create the Best Place to Work
- CFL260: Detect and Eliminate Organizational Sabotage
- CFL282: How to Motivate People
Kim Scott, the author of the new book Radical Candor*, joins me to discuss how to care personally and challenge directly.