Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, Dean of Teaching and Learning and Professor of Business and Management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, she was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. Bonni is the author of The Productive Online and Offline Professor: A Practical Guide*.
- Lisa asks about the best ways to hold others accountable when you don’t have positional authority.
- John wonders about our perspective on dealing with narcissists in the workplace.
- Patrick is curious how we might (or might not) mediate a conflict between two employees.
- Priya notices the focus on underperforms in organizations and asks how this tendency might get shifted a bit.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People* by Stephen R. Covey
- The Success Factor* by Ruth Gotian
- The 6 Types of Working Genius* by Patrick Lencioni
- How to Handle a Boss Who’s a Jerk, with Tom Henschel (episode 164)
- How to Influence Many Stakeholders, with Andy Kaufman (episode 240)
- How to Benefit From Conflict, with Susan Gerke (episode 263)
- How to Lead Meetings That Get Results, with Mamie Kanfer Stewart (episode 358)
- How to Lead and Retain High Performers, with Ruth Gotian (episode 567)
- How to Help Team Members Find the Right Work, with Patrick Lencioni (episode 610)
- How to Start Better With Peers, with Michael Bungay Stanier (episode 635)