Mamie Kanfer Stewart: The Modern Manager
Mamie Kanfer Stewart is a managerial excellence expert, executive coach, author of Momentum: Creating Effective Engaging and Enjoyable Meetings*, and host of The Modern Manager podcast. She loves helping managers apply the best thinking on human behavior and flourishing in how they lead themselves and their teams.
- There are six reasons to have meetings: connect, align, decide, ideate/brainstorm, plan, and/or produce.
- Set an outcome for the meeting and structure the agenda accordingly.
- Approach other leaders for clarity when the purpose of the meeting is not apparent.
- Consider the impact of unnecessary participants in meetings and decide in advance who needs to be consulted, informed, and engaged.
- Maximize all attendees time by providing clear meeting invitations and concise instructions on pre-work or pre-reading to be completed.
- Momentum: Creating Effective Engaging and Enjoyable Meetings* by Mamie Kanfer Stewart and Tai Tsao
- The Modern Manager podcast
- How to Lead an Offsite, with Tom Henschel (episode 377)
- How to Create Meaningful Gatherings, with Priya Parker (episode 395)
- Moving Towards Meetings of Significance, with Seth Godin (episode 632)