Priya Parker: The Art of Gathering
Priya Parker is a facilitator, strategic advisor, and founder of Thrive Labs, at which she helps activists, elected officials, corporate executives, educators, and philanthropists create transformative gatherings. She is the author of The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters*.
- What creates meaning in a gathering is conversation, not the functional details of the event.
- We’re often not totally clear on the purpose of our gatherings.
- We don’t need to gather more often, but we need to do a better job when we do gather.
Download my highlights from The Art of Gathering in PDF format (free membership required).
- Use Power for Good and Not Evil, with Dacher Keltner (episode 254)
- Have Conversations That Matter, with Celeste Headlee (episode 344)
- How to Plan Meetings That Get Results, with Mamie Kanfer Stewart (episode 358)
- The Path of Humble Leadership, with Edgar Schein (episode 363)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.