Edgar Schein & Peter Schein: Humble Leadership
Ed Schein is Professor Emeritus of MIT’s Sloan School of Management. He is the author of many books and publications, including the new book Humble Leadership*. Peter Schein is the cofounder and COO of the Organizational Culture and Leadership Institute and co-author of Humble Leadership.
- The problems today’s leaders face are becoming more and more complex, and leaders can no longer be expected to know all the answers.
- All people are vulnerable in one sense because nobody knows everything.
- The value systems of many companies do not incentivize managers to get the most out of their teams, instead of rewarding managers for playing up to management.
- CFL238: How to Be a Non-Conformist
- CFL241: Turn Followers Into Leaders
- CFL271: How to Increase Your Conversational Intelligence
- CFL334: How to Be a Happier Person
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Bonni and I return for the monthly question and answer show. Submit your question for consideration next week or for the first question and answer show the first Monday of every month at http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback
Thank you to LDAELDerick and Tony Glockler for the kind reviews on Apple Podcasts. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/apple. If you’re an Overcast user and this episode was helpful, just hit that star button on the app to help recommend it to other Overcast users. Thank you if you do either.