Edgar Schein and Peter Schein: Humble Leadership
Ed Schein is Professor Emeritus of MIT’s Sloan School of Management. He is the author of many books and publications, including the new book Humble Leadership*. Peter Schein is the cofounder and COO of the Organizational Culture and Leadership Institute and co-author of Humble Leadership*.
- The problems today’s leaders face are becoming more and more complex, and leaders can no longer be expected to know all the answers.
- All people are vulnerable in one sense because nobody knows everything.
- The value systems of many companies do not incentivize managers to get the most out of their teams, instead of rewarding managers for playing up to management.
- Humble Leadership* by Edgar and Peter Schein
- Organizational Culture and Leadership Institute
- How to Be a Non-Conformist, with Adam Grant (episode 238)
- Turn Followers Into Leaders, with David Marquet (episode 241)
- How to Increase Your Conversational Intelligence, with Judith Glaser (episode 271)
- How to Be a Happier Person, with Neil Pasricha (episode 334)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.