Jill Schlesinger: Jill on Money
Jill Schlesinger is the Emmy-nominated Business Analyst for CBS News, the host of the Jill on Money podcast and of the nationally syndicated radio show, Jill on Money, which won the 2018 Gracie Award for Best National Talk Show. She has been recognized as a Top 10 LinkedIn Influencer and a Top 10 LinkedIn Voice. She’s the author of The Dumb Things Smart People Do with Their Money: Thirteen Ways to Right Your Financial Wrongs*.
- Not all financial professionals are looking out for you. Make sure they are held to the fiduciary standard at all times.
- Before seeing a financial professional, make sure you’ve already paid off consumer debt, you’ve built an emergency reserve fund, and you’re maximizing your retirement fund contributions.
- Prioritize your own retirement savings before setting aside money for your children’s tuition.
- Make sure the cost of a degree is worth the expected income.
- The Dumb Things Smart People Do with Their Money: Thirteen Ways to Right Your Financial Wrongs* by Jill Schlesinger
- Mark Kantrowitz
- Jill On Money
Download my highlights from The Dumb Things Smart People Do with Their Money in PDF format (free membership required).
- Improve Your Financial Intelligence, with Joe Knight (episode 244)
- How to Manage Your Money, with Jill Schlesinger (episode 322)
- How to Approach Corporate Budgeting, with Jody Wodrich (episode 355)
- Four Rules to Get Control of Your Money, with Jesse Mecham (episode 356)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.