Jesse Mecham: You Need a Budget
Jesse Mecham is the CEO and Founder of You Need A Budget* (YNAB). He’s on a mission to help people stop living paycheck to paycheck, get out of debt, and save more money. He recently released his book by the same name, You Need a Budget*, a Wall Street Journal Bestseller.
- Be as vigilant with your money as you are with your time.
- Constraints allow us to be creative. When your options are endless, you’re frozen.
- Most people’s monthly budgets underestimate actual long-term expenses.
- Your emergency fund should be for more than just things you forgot to plan for.
- Budgeting is about looking forward and actively adjusting.
The Four Rules for Budgeting:
- Give Every Dollar a Job
- Embrace Your True Expense
- Roll With the Punches
- Age Your Money
- You Need A Budget* (YNAB)
- A Beautiful Constraint* by Adam Morgan and Mark Barden*
- The Opposite of Spoiled* by Ron Lieber
Download my highlights from You Need A Budget in PDF format (free membership required).
- How to Transform Your Limitations Into Advantages, with Mark Barden (episode 207)
- How to Manage Your Money, with Jill Schlesinger (episode 322)
- Six Tactics to Achieve Extraordinary Performance, with Morten Hansen (episode 337)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.