Jesse Mecham: You Need a Budget
Jesse Mecham is the CEO and Founder of You Need A Budget (YNAB). He’s on a mission to help people stop living paycheck to paycheck, get out of debt, and save more money. He recently released his book by the same name, You Need a Budget*, a Wall Street Journal Bestseller.
- Be as vigilant with your money as you are with your time.
- Constraints allow us to be creative. When your options are endless, you’re frozen.
- Most people’s monthly budgets underestimate actual long-term expenses.
- Your emergency fund should be for more than just things you forgot to plan for.
- Budgeting is about looking forward and actively adjusting.
The Four Rules for Budgeting:
- Give Every Dollar a Job
- Embrace Your True Expense
- Roll With the Punches
- Age Your Money
- You Need A Budget*
- A Beautiful Constraint by Adam Morgan and Mark Barden*
- The Opposite of Spoiled by Ron Lieber*
Download my highlights from You Need A Budget in PDF format (free membership required).
- CFL207: How to Transform Your Limitations Into Advantages
- CFL322: How to Manage Your Money
- CFL337: Six Tactics to Achieve Extraordinary Performance
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Thank you to Themagicviewer and Bobfourb in New Zealand, Good1278436752488 in Hong Kong, and Heffer Forbes here in the States for the kind reviews on Apple Podcasts. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/apple