Morten Hansen: Great at Work
Morten Hansen is a management professor at University of California, Berkeley. He is the coauthor with Jim Collins of the New York Times bestseller Great by Choice and the author of the new book Great at Work: How Top Performers Do Less, Work Better, and Achieve More*.
The Six Tactics:
- Carve out the 15
- Chunk it
- Measure the soft
- Get feedback
- Dig the dip
- Confront the stall point
- Focus on one skill you want to prove.
- Meetings should only be for debate, not status updates.
- Having a coach is great, but often you can coach yourself if you only focus on one thing at a time.
Download my highlights from Great at Work in PDF format (free membership required).
- CFL31: Five Effective Ways to Train the People You Lead
- CFL157: Why It’s Essential To Struggle With Learning
- CFL181: Create the Best Place to Work
- CFL273: Essentials of Adult Development
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Thank you to buffrph, Glennjamin317 here in the States and Marlonskk from Canada for the kind reviews on iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit http://coachingforleaders.com/itunes