Morten Hansen: Great at Work
Morten Hansen is a management professor at University of California, Berkeley. He is the coauthor with Jim Collins of the New York Times bestseller Great by Choice and the author of the new book Great at Work: How Top Performers Do Less, Work Better, and Achieve More*.
The Six Tactics:
- Carve out the 15
- Chunk it
- Measure the soft
- Get feedback
- Dig the dip
- Confront the stall point
- Focus on one skill you want to prove.
- Meetings should only be for debate, not status updates.
- Having a coach is great, but often you can coach yourself if you only focus on one thing at a time.
Download my highlights from Great at Work in PDF format (free membership required).
- Five Effective Ways to Train the People You Lead (episode 31)
- Why It’s Essential To Struggle With Learning (episode 157)
- Create the Best Place to Work, with Ron Friedman (episode 181)
- Essentials of Adult Development, with Mindy Danna (episode 273)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.