Joe Knight: Financial Intelligence
Joe Knight, co-author of Financial Intelligence*, teaches us how to improve our own financial intelligence, so we can influence within organizations more effectively. He is a highly regarded finance and business literacy keynote speaker, trainer, and published author.
Those who understand [financial statements] are the vast minority of people who are moving up in the corporate environment.
One of the problems with fraud is that you have these companies reporting profit, but it wasn’t real profit, and it was never converting to real cash.
Wall street, other investors, and banks have shifted to looking at cashflow as a concrete, tangible number.
It’s important never to lose sight of the fact that cash flow almost eliminates the possibility of fraudulent financial reporting.
We’re not trying to create high-level financial people; we’re trying to decode [financial statements] for the rest of us.
- Business Literacy Institute
- The 100 Best Business Books of All Time
- HBR Tools: Return on Investment (ROI) by Joe Knight
- HBR Tools: EBITDA by Joe Knight
- HBR Tools: Business Valuation by Joe Knight
Resources for Business Literacy Institute:
- Online Financial Intelligence Training
- Financial Concepts Dictionary
- Take the Financial Intelligence Assessment
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.