Neil Pasricha: You Are Awesome
Neil Pasricha helps people live happy lives. He is the New York Times-bestselling author of The Happiness Equation and The Book of Awesome series, which has been published in ten countries, spent over five years on bestseller lists, and sold over a million copies.
He’s a Harvard MBA, one of the most popular TED speakers of all time, and after ten years heading Leadership Development at Walmart he now serves as Director of The Institute for Global Happiness. He is the author of the new book, You Are Awesome: How to Navigate Change, Wrestle with Failure, and Live an Intentional Life.
In this conversation, Neil and I explore the importance of being uncomfortable to drive professional development. We discuss both of our journeys through mediocrity and how those times helped us to serve many more people today.
- “I know see that my anger stemmed from my deep disappointment in myself.”
- “I didn’t see it then and I wouldn’t see it for at least ten years that the P&G failure helped me to get more comfortable with being uncomfortable.”
- “What we often think of evolution as ‘destroying and replacing’ the past is actually transcending and including.”
- You Are Awesome: How to Navigate Change, Wrestle with Failure, and Live an Intentional Life* by Neil Pasricha
- Neil’s blog
Download my highlights from You Are Awesome in PDF format (free membership required).
- Essentials of Adult Development, with Mindy Danna (episode 273)
- How to Be a Happier Person, with Neil Pasricha (episode 334)
- Six Tactics for Extraordinary Performance, with Morten Hansen (episode 337)
- Neil Armstrong’s Other Landings (Dave’s Journal)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.