Mindy Danna: Adult Development
Mindy Danna has over 20 years experience helping individuals and organizations achieve their goals through coaching, organization development, and strategic facilitation. She specializes in workplace communication, influencing skills, sales management, team building, strategic facilitation, and conflict resolution.
The stages of development from Robert Kegan:
- Impulsive mind (early childhood)
- Imperial mind (adolescence)
- Socialized mind (46% of the adult population)
- Self-Authoring mind (41% of the adult population)
- Self-Transforming mind
- There are only modest correlations with age and the adult developmental stages.
- We can absolutely regress backward into prior stages depending on context and situation.
- Knowing more about what stage(s) you identify with will help you have more compassion for yourself and for others.
- Your most practical development plan: Do one thing every day that scares you.
- Invictus movie
- Immunity to Change: How to Overcome It and Unlock the Potential in Yourself and Your Organization* by Robert Kegan and Lisa Laskow Lahey
- In Over Our Heads: The Mental Demands of Modern Life* by Robert Kegan
- Changing on the Job: Developing Leaders for a Complex World* by Jennifer Garvey Berger
- Cultivating Leadership website
- The Best Way to Do On-the-Job Training (episode 32)
- What Every Leader Ought to Know About Sending People to Training (episode 36)
- How To Get The Most Out Of Training, with Bonni Stachowiak (episode 135)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.