Mindy Danna: Adult Development
Mindy Danna has over 20 years experience helping individuals and organizations achieve their goals through coaching, organization development, and strategic facilitation. She specializes in workplace communication, influencing skills, sales management, team building, strategic facilitation, and conflict resolution.
The stages of development from Robert Kegan:
- Impulsive mind (early childhood)
- Imperial mind (adolescence)
- Socialized mind (46% of the adult population)
- Self-Authoring mind (41% of the adult population)
- Self-Transforming mind
- There are only modest correlations with age and the adult developmental stages.
- We can absolutely regress backward into prior stages depending on context and situation.
- Knowing more about what stage(s) you identify with will help you have more compassion for yourself and for others.
- Your most practical development plan: Do one thing every day that scares you.
- Invictus movie
- Immunity to Change: How to Overcome It and Unlock the Potential in Yourself and Your Organization by Robert Kegan and Lisa Laskow Lahey
- In Over Our Heads: The Mental Demands of Modern Life by Robert Kegan
- Changing on the Job: Developing Leaders for a Complex World by Jennifer Garvey Berger
- Cultivating Leadership website
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Make 2017 Your Best Year Ever
I’ve partnered with Michael Hyatt again this year as an affiliate for his Best Year Ever Course. Download for free his ebook: Achieve What Matters in 2017: 8 Strategies Super-Successful People are Using Now to Accomplish More Next Year
- CFL32: The Best Way to Do On-the-Job Training
- CFL36: What Every Leader Ought to Know About Sending People to Training
- CFL135: How To Get The Most Out Of Training
Bonni and I return for the monthly question and answer show. Submit your question for consideration next week or for the first question and answer show the first Monday of every month at https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback