Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, Dean of Teaching and Learning and Professor of Business and Management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, she was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. Bonni is the author of The Productive Online and Offline Professor: A Practical Guide*.
- Allison asked for resources on how to lead others who are more knowledgeable than you in the field of work.
- Everett wondered how he can navigate a situation where accents make it difficult to understand interview candidates.
- Stephen asked about motivating people independent of incentives.
- The Empowered Manager: Positive Political Skills at Work* by Peter Block
- Drive* by Daniel Pink
- Effective Delegation of Authority: A (Really) Short Book for New Managers About How to Delegate Work Using a Simple Delegation Process* by Hassan Osman
- The Coaching Habit* by Michael Bungay Stanier
- Humble Leadership* by Edgar Schein and Peter Schein
- HBO Max Presents Brené Brown: Atlas of the Heart
- Leading with Dignity: How to Create a Culture That Brings Out the Best in People* by Donna Hicks
- On the folly of rewarding A while hoping for B by Steven Kerr
- How to Improve Your Coaching Skills, with Tom Henschel (episode 190)
- How to Motivate People, with Dan Ariely (episode 282)
- The Path of Humble Leadership, with Edgar Schein and Peter Schein (episode 363)
- Effective Delegation of Authority, with Hassan Osman (episode 413)
- Start Finding Overlooked Talent, with Johnny Taylor, Jr. (episode 544)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.