Pete Mockaitis: How to be Awesome at Your Job
Pete Mockaitis is an award-winning trainer and coach who helps professionals perform optimally at work. He hosts the How to be Awesome at Your Job podcast, a show that has been downloaded eight million times and consistently ranks as a top business show in Apple Podcasts.
Pete facilitates training for organizations on enhanced thinking and collaboration to increase clarity and reduce rework. He helps teams save an average of 1.4 hours per person per week.
In this conversation, Pete and I explore some of the key mindsets and questions that are helpful when getting alignment with your boss. We explore the areas you’ll want to generate clarity, as well a few key questions to consider.
Six areas where clarity is critical:
Questions you may consider when getting alignment with your boss:
- How do you want this to look when complete?
- What does the organization value on metrics and deliverables?
- What’s an example of a time this expectation was not met?
- What metrics are my boss being measured on for their own success?
- Seven Principles for Leading People Older Than You, with Bonni Stachowiak (episode 59)
- How to Influence Numerous Stakeholders, with Andy Kaufman (episode 240)
- Effective Delegation of Authority, with Hassan Osman (episode 413)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.