Johanna Nalau: Climate Adaptation & Everyday Leadership
Johanna Nalau is an adaptation scientist researching the ins and outs of climate change adaptation. She is an Australian Research Council DECRA Fellow and the Adaptation Science Theme Leader at Cities Research Institute at Griffith University.
She’s also the lead author for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 6th Assessment Report, Working Group II. Johanna writes about climate adaptation and everyday leadership on her own blog and is an alum of the Coaching for Leaders Academy.
In this conversation, Johanna and I discuss how she found her voice as a developing leader and how she took action through her writing and other professional activities to help others.
- Never underestimate the importance of having a group you can just bounce ideas off of.
- The most transformative way to build leadership is to start with the people below you who are the future leaders.
- Blogging is a great way to synthesize you thoughts while also being helpful for others.
- Johanna’s blog: Climate Adaptation & Everyday Leadership
- Stand Out* by Dorie Clark
- Great at Work* Morton Hansen
- Digital Minimalism* by Cal Newport
- How to Write a Killer LinkedIn Profile, with Brenda Bernstein (episode 285)
- Ideas Worth Stealing From Top Entrepreneurs, with Dorie Clark (episode 318)
- Six Tactics to Achieve Extraordinary Performance, with Morten Hansen (episode 337)
- How to Reclaim Conversation, with Cal Newport (episode 400)
- The Way to Nurture New Ideas, with Safi Bahcall (episode 418)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.