Dorie Clark: Entrepreneurial You
Dorie Clark is a marketing strategy consultant, professional speaker, and frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review. Recognized as a branding expert by the Associated Press, Fortune, and Inc. magazine, she is the author of the new book, Entrepreneurial You* — and her prior books, Reinventing You* and Stand Out*.
- Even things that seem solid can change at any moment.
- Anybody, in any career, needs to emphasize flexibility and adaptability.
- 35% of Americans are self-employed, projected to be 40% by 2020.
- Entrepreneurial side projects expand your skills for your main career.
- Side projects often create new career opportunities.
- If something is not being done, ask why is it not being done. Because it’s impossible? Or just hard?
- Check for metrics that you’re heading in the right direction.
- Progress might not always come in the form you’re expecting.
- How do you diversify but do it in a way that doesn’t pull you in a million directions?
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini*
- Entrepreneurial You Self-assessment
- Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive by Dorie Clark*
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.