Dorie Clark: Entrepreneurial You
Dorie Clark is a marketing strategy consultant, professional speaker, and frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review. Recognized as a branding expert by the Associated Press, Fortune, and Inc. magazine, she is the author of the new book, Entrepreneurial You* — and her prior books, Reinventing You* and Stand Out*.
- Even things that seem solid can change at any moment.
- Anybody, in any career, needs to emphasize flexibility and adaptability.
- 35% of Americans are self-employed, projected to be 40% by 2020.
- Entrepreneurial side projects expand your skills for your main career.
- Side projects often create new career opportunities.
- If something is not being done, ask why is it not being done. Because it’s impossible? Or just hard?
- Check for metrics that you’re heading in the right direction.
- Progress might not always come in the form you’re expecting.
- How do you diversify but do it in a way that doesn’t pull you in a million directions?
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion* by Robert B. Cialdini
- Entrepreneurial You Self-assessment
- Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive* by Dorie Clark
- How to Stand Out, with Dorie Clark (episode 189)
- How to Be a Non-Conformist, with Adam Grant (episode 238)
- How to Solve a Really Big Problem, with Teresa Chahine (episode 292)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.