Brenda Bernstein: LinkedIn Expert
Brenda Bernstein is the Founder and Senior Editor at The Essay Expert and the author of How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile, a book that held the #1 best-seller spot in Amazon’s business writing skills list for over 2 years.
- LinkedIn profiles are very important for job seekers.
- Your headline is the most important place to have keywords.
- Don’t include your company name in your headline unless it has cachet.
- In your experience section, emphasize your current job and make sure it has the best description.
- Think of three key words you want to come across in your profile photo.
- Make sure you have a 100% completed profile to get boosted by LinkedIn’s algorithms.
- Write your summary in first-person.
- If you have a very uncommon or unclear job title, it’s okay to write one that people would understand, so long as it’s accurate.
- Recommendations are important because they’re the only way on LinkedIn to really prove who you are and what you’ve actually done.
- When you request a connect, don’t just use the standard one, write a custom request.
- How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile by Brenda Bernstein*
- LinkedIn’s Overused Buzzwords for 2017 – Do You Really Need to Avoid Them?
- LinkedIn profile review services by Brenda
Download my highlights from How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile in PDF format (free membership required).
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL101: How To Get The Most From LinkedIn
- CFL129: How To Create A Personal Knowledge Management System
- CFL242: How Twitter Can Help You Lead
Next week I welcome Erin Meyer to the show. Erin is a professor at INSEAD and the author of The Culture Map: Breaking Through the Invisible Boundaries of Global Business*.
Thank you to Jazz926 for the kind review on iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit http://coachingforleaders.com/itunes
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback