Oscar Trimboli: Deep Listening
Oscar is a mentor, coach, speaker, and author. He was a director at Microsoft for over a decade and headed up the MS Office division in Australia. Today, he works with leadership teams and their organizations on the importance of clarity to create change, how to embrace the digital economy, and the role values play in the achievement of your purpose. He is the author of Deep Listening: Impact Beyond Words*.
- Listen beyond the words that are said and try to determine what the speaker is really trying to say.
- The more senior you are, the more listening you’ll do.
- Ask the speaker: “Tell me more” or “What else are you thinking?” or “How long have you been thinking about that?”
- To be a great listener, you have to create a space where you’re available to listen.
- For every hour you listen, you need to spend another hour in action.
- Leaders often are not great at hearing all the opinions in the room.
Download my highlights from Deep Listening in PDF format (free membership required).