James Clear: Atomic Habits
James Clear is an author and speaker focused on habits, decision-making, and continuous improvement. He is a regular speaker at Fortune 500 companies and his work is used by teams in the NFL, NBA, and MLB. He’s the author of the new book, Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones*.
- Goals are great for deciding what direction you want to head, but to actually get there it’s all about your systems.
- Results aren’t what needs to change; the processes and habits are what need to change.
- Start with the identity you want for yourself and build your habits to reinforce that identity.
- Your habits are what prove your identity to yourself.
- Habits are like compound interest for self-improvement.
- Getting Things Done with David Allen (episode 184)
- Create Behavior That Lasts With Marshall Goldsmith (episode 196)
- The Best Way to Make New Habits Reality (episode 217)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.