Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She joins me monthly to respond to listener questions.
- Emily asked about strategies for growing her career while planning for a future family.
- Patrick asked our advice on how to communicate effectively when multiple cultures are represented in the room.
- Scott wondered about the best ways to transition to leading an accounting team, without having that expertise himself.
- Jennifer asked how she could move up into an executive position.
- Brian wanted to know what he could do to prevent managers from venting to their employees.
- Mind the (Wage) Gap from HBR Women at Work
- slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations* by Nancy Duarte
- Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery* by Garr Reynolds
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You* by Cal Newport
- How to Listen When Someone Is Venting, with Mark Goulston (episode 91)
- How to Make Deep Work Happen, with Cal Newport (episode 233)
- How to Influence Cross-Culturally, with Erin Meyer (episode 286)
- Notice and Change Dysfunctional Culture, with Jonathan Raymond (episode 327)
- The Path to Start Leading Your Team, with John Piñeiro (episode 349)
- How to Create a Team Vision (MemberCast 4)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.