Jonathan Raymond: Good Authority
Jonathan Raymond is the founder of Refound, where he and his team work with organizations to create a company culture based in personal growth. He’s the author of the book, Good Authority: How to Become the Leader Your Team Is Waiting For.
- We have to shift our mindset from our intentions to our impacts.
- Influential or powerful people tend to get away with worse behavior.
- High performers get away with bad behavior because people are afraid of reducing their performance. But leaders often only look at the revenue high performers bring in without looking at what their bad behavior costs the company in the big picture.
- Personal and professional growth are the same thing.
- Instead of focusing on how to grow someone’s career over a ten-year span, think about what you can do in one year.
- Difficult Conversations* by Douglas Stone
- Good Authority: How to Become the Leader Your Team Is Waiting For* by Jonathan Raymond
- Refound – for Individuals
5 Days to Your Best Year Ever
We’ve affiliated again with Michael Hyatt this year to offer the 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever course. If you elect to participate in the course, I’m inviting you to join personally with me and other listeners to collaborate online.
This week, I’m launching a private LinkedIn group for Coaching for Leaders listeners who are participating in the 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever course — and will be active until the end of January, 2018.
To participate in the Best Year Ever course and engage in the private LinkedIn group here’s what you need to do:
- Purchase any version of the course by Tuesday, December 19th using this link: coachingforleaders.com/best2018
- Then, email the receipt you get from Michael’s team to me at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL144: How We Do Things Around Here To Get Results
- CFL254: Use Power for Good and Not Evil
- CFL306: Five Steps to Hold People Accountable
- CFL307: How to Make Inclusion Happen
Next week, top leadership thinker Peter Block joins me to discuss how to deal with opponents and adversaries in the workplace.