Jonathan Raymond: Good Authority
Jonathan Raymond is the founder of Refound, where he and his team work with organizations to create a company culture based in personal growth. He’s the author of the book Good Authority: How to Become the Leader Your Team Is Waiting For* and the creator of the The Good Accountability course*.
- We have to shift our mindset from our intentions to our impacts.
- Influential or powerful people tend to get away with worse behavior.
- High performers get away with bad behavior because people are afraid of reducing their performance. But leaders often only look at the revenue high performers bring in without looking at what their bad behavior costs the company in the big picture.
- Personal and professional growth are the same thing.
- Instead of focusing on how to grow someone’s career over a ten-year span, think about what you can do in one year.
- The Good Accountability course*
- Difficult Conversations* by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, and Sheila Heen
- Good Authority: How to Become the Leader Your Team Is Waiting For* by Jonathan Raymond
- Refound for Individuals
Download my highlights from Good Authority in PDF format (free membership required).
- How We Do Things Around Here To Get Results, with Kent Rhodes (episode 144)
- Use Power for Good and Not Evil, with Dacher Keltner (episode 254)
- Five Steps to Hold People Accountable, with Jonathan Raymond (episode 306)
- How to Make Inclusion Happen, with Deepa Purushothaman (episode 307)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.