Scott Anthony Barlow: Happen to Your Career
Scott Anthony Barlow is the Founder of Happen to Your Career. He’s been featured on CNBC, Yahoo, CareerBuilder, Fast Company and Huffington Post and various colleges and universities as a top expert on career happiness. He's held roles executive roles in human resources, business development, and career coaching.
Scott is the host of the Happen to Your Career podcast, featuring the career stories of many successful professionals. His team and him have worked with over 25,000 people to help them stop settling, find their signature strengths, and start doing meaningful work they are enamored with.
In this conversation, Scott and I explore the myth of work-life balance and discuss how we should instead be aiming for work-life integration.
- Life doesn’t stop when you’re at work.
- The goal is to build a career that fully integrates with what you want most out of life.
- If you’re around the people you want to be around then you become a happier person.
- When people say they want work-life balance, what they’re really saying is that they want to experience happiness in how they’re spending their time.
- When you do things that other people are not willing to do, you get results that other people don’t get.
- 8-Day Video Course to Figuring Out What You Love*
- The Ultimate Guide to Using Your Strengths to Get Hired*
- Mike Vardy on time theming
- The ONE Thing* by Jay Papasan
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People* by Stephen Covey
- The Dip* by Seth Godin
- Work-Life Balance Revealed
- How to Know When to Move On (episode 175)
- How to Hire a Coach, with Marc Mawhinney (episode 179)
- How to Figure Out Your Career, with Scott Anthony Barlow (episode 259)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.