Scott Barlow: Happen to Your Career
Scott Anthony Barlow (web) (Twitter) is the Founder of Happen to Your Career. He has been helping people develop their careers and businesses for over 10 years as a Human Resources Leader, Business Development Expert, and Career Coach. Scott interviews others telling their story of finding work they love on the Happen to Your Career podcast.
- Common career misperceptions:
- You need to have it all figured out at the start
- You should focus on getting better at the things you’re not good at
- It takes a ton of experience to move into the job you want
- Framing a career around your strengths is key
- If you had to work extremely hard to get good at something, it’s probably not a true strength
- There are exercises and assessments that you can participate in to help you gain clarity on the above
- Scott’s FREE 8 Day Course
- Happen to Your Career episode #126: Your Career Path is NOT a Straight Line with Dave Stachowiak
- StrengthsFinder 2.0
Join the Weekly Leadership Guide
Get each episode’s show notes and Dave’s handpicked resources for leadership in your inbox each Wednesday. Plus, get instant access to Dave’s readers’ guide listing the 10 leadership books that will help you get better results from others.
Related Library Episodes
- CFL89: The Value of the StrengthsFinder Assessment
- CFL90: How to Interpret Your StrengthsFinder Results
- CFL134: The Secret To Happiness
Bob Frisch and Cary Greene (web) share leadership lessons from their book Simple Sabotage: A Modern Field Manual for Detecting and Rooting Out Everyday Behaviors That Undermine Your Workplace*.
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback