Liz Wiseman: Multipliers
Liz Wiseman has been listed on the Thinkers50 ranking and named as one of the top 10 leadership thinkers in the world and recipient of the 2016 ATD Champion of Talent Award. She is the author of three best-selling books, including Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter*.
- Some leaders make the people around them less capable.
- Leaders who diminish others get less than half of their capabilities.
- Diminishing often comes from good intentions.
- Leadership is a skill you can learn.
- A good boss sees the genius in others.
- Find a way to let your boss know what you’re best at.
- By admitting our own mistakes, we create an environment where others are willing to take risks.
- Ask yourself how you might be shutting down people’s ideas and capabilities.
- How to Engage With Humor, with David Nihill (episode 245)
- The Way to Stop Rescuing People From Their Problems, with Michael Bungay Stanier (episode 284)
- What Gets Between You and Greatness, with Lolly Daskal (episode 296)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.