Liz Wiseman: Multipliers
Liz Wiseman has been listed on the Thinkers50 ranking and named as one of the top 10 leadership thinkers in the world and recipient of the 2016 ATD Champion of Talent Award. She is the author of three best-selling books, including Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter*.
- Some leaders make the people around them less capable.
- Leaders who diminish others get less than half of their capabilities.
- Diminishing often comes from good intentions.
- Leadership is a skill you can learn.
- A good boss sees the genius in others.
- Find a way to let your boss know what you’re best at.
- By admitting our own mistakes, we create an environment where others are willing to take risks.
- Ask yourself how you might be shutting down people’s ideas and capabilities.
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL245: How to Engage With Humor
- CFL284: The Way to Stop Rescuing People From Their Problems
- CFL296: What Gets Between You and Greatness
Jonathan Raymond joins me to discuss how to hold people accountable. He’s the author of the book Good Authority: How to Become the Leader Your Team Is Waiting For.
Thank you to Gibson for the kind review on iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit http://coachingforleaders.com/itunes
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback