Author of “Do You Talk Funny?: 7 Comedy Habits to Become a Better (and Funnier) Public Speaker”
On this week’s episode, David teaches us how to practically engage with humor.
Humor isn’t a nice-to-have; it’s a must-have.
If there’s embarrassment in there, there’s humor in there. It’s just about whether you’re willing to talk about it.
The end of laughter is followed by the height of listening.
- Conference: http://funnybizz.co/funnybizz-conference/
- Public speaking blog: http://www.7comedyhabits.com/
- 80 free tips from the book: http://www.7comedyhabits.com/80-free-tips/
- Example of rule of 3 with President Obama: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFcWz9eyovA
- GIFS for follow up emails: http://funnybizz.co/inbox-happiness-12-proven-gifs-you-can-use-now/
- Comments, questions, or feedback for future question and answer shows: https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback
- The next question and answer show is episode 248
If you’re not already subscribed to this show, please do so and you’ll get new episodes every Monday. Just search for Coaching for Leaders on iTunes, Stitcher, or any podcast app you use and subscribe there.
Please join my weekly leadership guide. The leadership guide is delivered to your inbox each Wednesday and includes my thoughts and recommendations on the best articles, podcasts, videos, and books to support your development between shows. It also includes a brief overview and link to the full weekly show notes. If you, like me, tend to listen to podcasts while you’re on the road or exercising, this will give you an easy way to follow up later on the links and resources we mention in every show.
As a bonus, when you join the weekly leadership guide, you’ll get immediate access to my readers’ guide listing the 10 leadership books that will help you get better results from others, with brief summaries from me on the value of each book. Download the 11-page readers’ guide and 9-minute video of these book recommendations … plus, insight on the 2 books that I rely on weekly! https://coachingforleaders.com/subscribe
Thank you to AdeTheux, bigred35, Grumpy elf2011, and AI8706 for the kind review on iTunes. If you would like to post a review as well, it’s a huge help in the growth of the Coaching for Leaders community. If you use iTunes, just visit https://coachingforleaders.com/itunes – and thank you in advance for your support!