Dave Stachowiak: Coaching for Leaders
In August of 2011, I started Coaching for Leaders as a small, side project. Ten years later, the show — and the community around it — have grown beyond my wildest expectations.
In this conversation, my friend Scott Anthony Barlow of Happen to Your Career celebrates the 10-year anniversary of Coaching for Leaders by interviewing me about my journey.
- I originally started the podcast as a side project to support a future transition into academia.
- Three things that I focused on at the start that are still central today: useful conversations, audio quality, and consistency.
- Focusing on quality and depth of conversations is more valuable than trying to hit everything.
- I realized at some point that I needed to make an affirmative choice to grow the side project into a business.
- Although I had considered a transition away from Dale Carnegie for years, my actual departure was (ironically) a non-event.
- Behavior change is a painful but necessary step in the learning process.
- There are two ways to bring light into the world. One is to be the light — the other is to reflect it.
- How to Transform Your Limitations Into Advantages, with Mark Barden (episode 207)
- Tom Henschel Interviews Dave (episode 300)
- What High Performers Aren’t Telling You, with Scott Anthony Barlow (episode 466)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.