Dave Stachowiak: Coaching for Leaders
Tom Henschel, host of The Look & Sound of Leadership podcast, executive coach at Essential Communications, and friend of Dave, interviews him on the growth of Coaching for Leaders and how he developed his voice.
- When trying to do something that helps others, remember that it’s not about you—don’t worry about you, worry about them.
- The best way to build a connection with people is to get really curious about them.
- You have to make the decision to listen.
- If you don’t have a lot of time to listen, figure out how much time you do have and make the decision to be totally present in that short time.
- Listening is an attitude, not a set of skills.
- View failure as data rather than an identity.
- The Look & Sound of Leadership podcast
- The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking, with Susan Cain (episode 44)
- How to Steal the Show, with Michael Port (episode 219)
- Failing Forward * by John Maxwell
- Introduction to Powerful Listening (episode 1)
- The Lean Startup* by Eric Ries
- Six Mistakes That I Have Made Podcasting (episode 57)
- Three Steps to Take After You Conduct a Survey, with Bonni Stachowiak (episode 150)
- What This Show is About (episode 197)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.