Scott Anthony Barlow: Happen to Your Career
Scott Anthony Barlow is the founder of Happen to Your Career. He’s been featured on CNBC, Yahoo, CareerBuilder, Fast Company, and Huffington Post and various colleges and universities as a top expert on career happiness. He's held executive roles in human resources, business development, and career coaching.
Scott is the host of the Happen to Your Career podcast, featuring the career stories of many successful professionals. He and his team have worked with over 25,000 people to help them stop settling, find their signature strengths, and start doing meaningful work they are enamored with.
High performers leave organizations because:
- Work is no longer meaningful. They’ve accomplished their goals and now they’re looking for much more meaningful work, projects and challenges.
- Flexibility and autonomy are missing. The “when” and “how” people work is becoming incredibly important.
- They have outgrown the role. They perceive that just because they’ve outgrown the role that there is no where else to go in the organization.
What leaders can do:
- Help candidates find what’s meaningful for them.
- Create opportunities to work when and how they want.
- Help people create their own role.
- Finding the Career That Fits You (Scott’s FREE 8-Day Video Course)
- The Ultimate Guide to Using Your Strengths to Get Hired
- How to Figure Out Your Career, with Scott Anthony Barlow (episode 259)
- Three Steps to Great Career Conversations, with Russ Laraway (episode 370)
- Effective Delegation of Authority, with Hassan Osman (episode 413)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.