Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She is the author of The Productive Online and Offline Professor: A Practical Guide*.
- Kierstin asked for suggestions (books, individuals) for starting her leadership journey — and also how to navigate leading people who are older than her.
- Bridgette wondered if we had suggestions on funding priorities, vision, and bringing others into leadership roles.
- Michael asked our advice on handling confrontations between departments.
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations* by James Kouzes and Barry Posner
- How to Win Friends and Influence People* by Dale Carnegie
- The Empowered Manager: Positive Political Skills at Work* by Peter Block
- Personal History* by Katharine Graham
- The Post
- What Search Dogs Teach About Engagement, with Jan Frazee (episode 25)
- Seven Principles for Leading People Older Than You, with Bonni Stachowiak (episode 59)
- Your Permission to Screw Up, with Kristen Hadeed (episode 338)
- How to Deal with Opponents and Adversaries, with Peter Block (episode 328)
- How to Create Meaningful Gatherings, with Priya Parker (episode 395)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.