Joseph is a finance director based in Mauritius. He’s a longtime listener from the show and a member of the Coaching for Leaders Academy.
In this conversation, Joseph and I discuss how he captures ideas from audio podcasts and motivates himself to implement what he’s discovered. We also highlight the value in establishing team guidelines, zeroing in on self-awareness, and the power of consistency. Plus, he highlights the work of key experts that have sharped his own leadership development.
- Listen to an audio podcast one time through. Then, review a second time at higher speed to capture the key ideas from the conversation.
- Insights and ideas are a starting point, but of little value without action. Find a way to support daily action in your development.
- Establishing team guidelines can change the entire dynamic of culture in the organization.
- Consistency isn’t a flashy word, but it’s a key factor in how much movement you’re able to create as a leader.
- How to Create Team Guidelines, with Susan Gerke (episode 192)
- How to Build Psychological Safety, with Amy Edmondson (episode 404)
- The Way to Be More Self-Aware, with Tasha Eurich (episode 442)
- The Value of Being Uncomfortable, with Neil Pasricha (episode 448)
- How to Motivate Leaders, with John Maxwell (episode 452)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.