Elena Kornoff: Surf City Still Works
Elena Kornoff is a founder partner of Surf City Still Works, an independent craft distillery dedicated to supporting talented artists and sharing the spirit of California. She’s been a listener of the show the past few years and now a member of the Coaching for Leaders Academy.
In this conversation, Elena and I discuss the massive disruption that COVID-19 made to their business and how her team responded with flexibility in a time of change. We also explore how to be a leader and still be yourself, despite our common perception of leadership. Plus, the invitation from Elena to ask for help when you need it.
- Surf City Still Works is an independent craft distillery founded in 2017 to support talented artists and share the spirit of California.
- Past failures are an important teacher in how to pivot quickly.
- Successful leaders may show up as inspiring and charismatic — and they also are supportive and quiet. Research shows that both styles can lead well.
- When you need help, ask for it. There are people in your network you are able and willing, but they need to know.
- Surf City Still Works
- For sales outside the State of California, email Elena and her team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaching for Leaders Academy
- The Value of Pivoting for Growth, with Beth Garrison (episode 351)
- Permission to Be Yourself, with Bar Schwartz (episode 414)
- Leadership Through Massive Change, with Elizabeth Lilla (episode 463)
- Embrace a Just Cause, with Simon Sinek (episode 473)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.