Scott Anthony Barlow: Happen to Your Career
Scott Anthony Barlow is the founder of Happen to Your Career. He’s been featured on CNBC, Yahoo, CareerBuilder, Fast Company, and Huffington Post and various colleges and universities as a top expert on career happiness. He's held executive roles in human resources, business development, and career coaching.
Scott is the host of the Happen to Your Career podcast, featuring the career stories of many successful professionals. He and his team have worked with over 25,000 people to help them stop settling, find their signature strengths, and start doing meaningful work they are enamored with.
- Many people frame career choices only as, “Should I take this offer or not?” or, “Should I quit this job and go and get another?”
- Skills are not necessarily strengths. People who are successful and happier are spending more time in their strengths.
- Gallup’s StrengthsFinder assessment (now called CliftonStrengths) is a useful tool for getting clarity.
- Change to a role/company that allows you spend more time in your strengths or decide to design your career from the inside.
- Stop pursuing marginal improvements of your weaknesses.
- The Ultimate Guide to Using Your Strengths to Get Hired*
- 8-Day Video Course to Figuring Out What You Love
- StrengthsFinder training for individuals and teams* (use code CFL10 for a 10% tuition discount)
- How to Figure Out Your Career, with Scott Anthony Barlow (episode 259)
- How Teams Use StrengthsFinder Results, with Lisa Cummings (episode 293)
- Move From Caretaker to Rainmaker, with May Busch (episode 390)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.