May Busch: Accelerate
May Busch enjoyed a 24-year career at Morgan Stanley, most recently as Chief Operating Officer for Europe. She chaired the firm’s European Diversity Council and was a member of Morgan Stanley’s European Management Committee. She is the author of the book Accelerate: 9 Capabilities to Achieve Success at Any Career Stage*. She’s also the host the Career Mastery Kickstart summit*.
Steps to move from caretaker to rainmaker:
- Identify the organization’s most important outcomes.
- Figure out what you can take action on.
- Create a safe space.
- Learn from your network what will move the needle the most.
How to find the organization’s values:
- Career Mastery Kickstart Summit*
- Accelerate: 9 Capabilities to Achieve Success at Any Career Stage* by May Busch
- Eisenhower Grid
- How to Succeed with Leadership and Management, with John Kotter (episode 249)
- Three Steps to Great Career Conversations, with Russ Laraway (episode 370)
- Leverage Your Defining Moments, with Lynne Whiteford (episode 372)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.