Jonathan Raymond: Good Authority
Jonathan Raymond is the founder of Refound, where he and his team work with organizations to create a company culture based in personal growth. He’s the author of the book Good Authority: How to Become the Leader Your Team Is Waiting For* and the creator of the The Good Accountability course*.
- People often separate their career goals from the personal development goals, and it doesn’t have to be that way.
- Leaders often have a quick chat and then leave the conversation without actually making any deep connections.
- We often don’t ask a question and leave it enough time to breathe.
- Employees get lots of feedback, but it’s often not helpful feedback.
- Think about feedback as a diagnostic tool.
- Leaders no longer need to be the problem solvers — they need to help make space for others to solve problems.
- Employees are looking for emotional transparency.
Download my highlights from Good Authority in PDF format (free membership required).
- Five Steps to Hold People Accountable (episode 306)
- The Path of Humble Leadership (episode 363)
- Three Steps to Great Career Conversations (episode 370)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.