Jonathan Raymond: Good Authority
Jonathan Raymond is the founder of Refound, where he and his team work with organizations to create a company culture based in personal growth. He’s the author of the book Good Authority: How to Become the Leader Your Team Is Waiting For.
- People often separate their career goals from the personal development goals, and it doesn’t have to be that way.
- Leaders often have a quick chat and then leave the conversation without actually making any deep connections.
- We often don’t ask a question and leave it enough time to breathe.
- Employees get lots of feedback, but it’s often not helpful feedback.
- Think about feedback as a diagnostic tool.
- Leaders no longer need to be the problem solvers — they need to help make space for others to solve problems.
- Employees are looking for emotional transparency.
- CFL306: Five Steps to Hold People Accountable
- CFL363: The Path of Humble Leadership
- CFL370: Three Steps to Great Career Conversations
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Bonni and I return for the monthly question and answer show. Submit your question for consideration next week or for the first question and answer show the first Monday of every month at http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback