Daniel Goleman: Emotional Intelligence
In 1995, Daniel Goleman published the blockbuster bestselling book Emotional Intelligence, a book that now has more than 5 million copies in print worldwide in 40 different languages. He’s the author of a new series of primers for the competencies of emotional and social intelligence, titled Building Blocks of Emotional Intelligence* and he’s launching an emotional intelligence coaching certification.
- Emotional Intelligence has given us permission to talk about emotion in the workplace.
- Emotional Intelligence is about how well you can manage yourself.
- Self-awareness is fundamental.
- If you have a sense of your true strengths and weaknesses, you can have self-confidence that is based on reality.
- If you feel your emotions flaring up, pause and name what’s going on. That’ll allow the executive part of your brain to take back charge.
- Notice what your triggers are and intentionally avoid them.
- Self-awareness can give you insights into bad habits you might have as a leader.
- Emotional Intelligence Coaching Certification
- Building Blocks of Emotional Intelligence Primers by Daniel Goleman, et al.
- What Makes a Leader: Why Emotional Intelligence Matters by Daniel Goleman
- Emotional and Social Competence Inventory
- Keystep Media
Download my highlights from Emotional Self-Awareness in PDF format (free membership required).
- CFL196: Create Behavior That Lasts With Marshall Goldsmith
- CFL336: The Choice for Compassion
- CFL341: How to Leverage Your 360
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Bonni and I return for the monthly question and answer show. Submit your question for consideration next week or for the first question and answer show the first Monday of every month at http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback