Ginger Hardage: Unstoppable Cultures
Ginger Hardage is the former senior vice president of culture at Southwest Airlines. She led a team responsible for building and sustaining the organization’s legendary culture and communications enterprise, resulting in 23 consecutive years on Fortune’s list of Top 10 Most Admired Companies in the World.
Three Characteristics of an Unstoppable Culture:
- Putting people first
- Constantly nourishing your culture
- Sharing stories relentlessly
- Cultures don’t happen accidentally — they have to be managed.
- Start with your company values and then hire for those values.
- Use peers to help select and interview candidates.
- If the leadership team is not fully engaged, employees will be able to tell.
- Capture customer stories and share them with your employees.
- Set your company vision and expectations, but don’t prescribe how you employees must go about doing it.
- Hire Tough Manage Easy by Mel Kleiman*
- 329: The Way to Capture the Power of Moments with Chip Heath
- Exuberant Dancing Airport Employee Will Instantly Make Your Day More Enjoyable
- How Southwest Airlines Uses Emotional Storytelling To Connect With Its Customers
- Turn the Ship Around by David Marquet*
- CFL241: Turn Followers Into Leaders
- CFL301: How to Get the Ideal Team Player
- CFL329: The Way to Capture the Power of Moments
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
Ken Coleman, host of the Ken Coleman Show and EntreLeadership, joins me to discuss how to find your calling.
Thank you to both Robbie and Karen here in the States for the kind reviews on iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/apple