Bonni Stachowiak: Teaching in Higher Ed
Bonni Stachowiak is the host of the Teaching in Higher Ed podcast, a professor of business and management at Vanguard University, and my life partner. Prior to her academic career, Bonni was a human resources consultant and executive officer for a publicly traded company. She is the author of The Productive Online and Offline Professor: A Practical Guide.
- Michael asked about what you do when you have a follower who has leadership potential but is reluctant to step into leadership shoes.
- Steve asked for suggestions on how to get communication out to a team when email isn’t an option.
- Michal asked about transitioning military leadership experience to a position in the private sector.
- Ricard asked about the discomfort of feeling like you don’t know it all when you’re new in a role.
- Radical Candor* by Kim Scott
- The Servant as Leader* by by Robert Greenleaf
- Scaling Up : How a Few Companies Make It … and Why the Rest Don't* by Verne Harnish
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution* by Chris McChesney, Sean Covey, and Jim Huling
- Past Coaching for Leaders episodes on feedback
- Turn the Ship Around!* by David Marquet
- How to Write a KILLER LinkedIn Profile … And 18 Mistakes to Avoid* by Brenda Bernstein
- The Power Of Servant Leadership, with John Dickson (episode 137)
- Where To Start With Succession Planning, with Bill Bliss (episode 153)
- The Way to Turn Followers Into Leaders, with David Marquet (episode 241)
- How to Support Veterans in Your Workplace, with Eugenia Weiss (episode 280)
- How to Write a Killer LinkedIn Profile, with Brenda Bernstein (episode 285)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.