Deepa Purushothaman: Inclusion at Deloitte
Deepa Purushothaman is a National Managing Principal of Inclusion at Deloitte. She speaks extensively about Deloitte’s focus on women and has been featured at national conferences and in publications like Bloomberg and Harvard Business Review.
- You don’t have to always do things they way they’ve been done before — you can find a new way that is authentic to you.
- As society evolves, companies need to think about how they provide inclusion for their employees.
- People are less worried about seeing a diverse leadership team than they are about feeling like they belong.
- Individuals need to feel a sense of belonging and connection.
- Inclusion is starting to play an important role in talent acquisition and retention.
- One of the biggest mistakes is not knowing where to start and then doing nothing.
- Employees join and leave companies based on whether or not there is an inclusive culture.
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL171: How to Handle Workplace Bullying
- CFL255: How Women Make Stronger, Smarter Choices
- CFL275: How to Help the Underdog Thrive
Mike Erwin joins us to discuss how to lead yourself first. He’s the author of the new book Lead Yourself First: Inspiring Leadership Through Solitude*.
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback