Deepa Purushothaman: Inclusion at Deloitte
Deepa Purushothaman is a National Managing Principal of Inclusion at Deloitte. She speaks extensively about Deloitte’s focus on women and has been featured at national conferences and in publications like Bloomberg and Harvard Business Review.
- You don’t have to always do things they way they’ve been done before — you can find a new way that is authentic to you.
- As society evolves, companies need to think about how they provide inclusion for their employees.
- People are less worried about seeing a diverse leadership team than they are about feeling like they belong.
- Individuals need to feel a sense of belonging and connection.
- Inclusion is starting to play an important role in talent acquisition and retention.
- One of the biggest mistakes is not knowing where to start and then doing nothing.
- Employees join and leave companies based on whether or not there is an inclusive culture.
- How to Handle Workplace Bullying, with Jill Morgenthaler (episode 172)
- How Women Make Stronger, Smarter Choices, with Therese Huston (episode 255)
- How to Help the Underdog Thrive, with Terry Lipovski (episode 275)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.