Amanda Davis: Onboarding Employees
Amanda Davis is an executive consultant with 25 years of professional leadership and management experience specializing in the development and implementation of strategies and programs for better service delivery.
The Two-Tiered Approach to Onboarding:
Part 1: First day on the job
- Keep it short (1.5-2 hours long).
- What are the essential things an employee needs to know?
- Get to the why of the employee’s job. What’s the meaning and mission behind the organization?
- After Part 1 your employee should feel informed, excited, and motivated.
Part 2: About 45 days after hire
- Longer than Tier 1, should be around 3 hours long
- Covers what team members need to know to grow their jobs.
- After Part 2, your employee should feel educated, excited, and confident.
- Six Mistakes Leaders Make Sending People to Training (episode 30)
- What Every Leader Ought to Know About Sending People to Training (episode 36)
- How To Get The Most Out Of Training, with Boni Stachowiak (episode 135)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.