Amanda Davis: Onboarding Employees
Amanda Davis is an executive consultant with 25 years of professional leadership and management experience specializing in the development and implementation of strategies and programs for better service delivery.
The Two-Tiered Approach to Onboarding:
Part 1: First day on the job
- Keep it short (1.5-2 hours long).
- What are the essential things an employee needs to know?
- Get to the why of the employee’s job. What’s the meaning and mission behind the organization?
- After Part 1 your employee should feel informed, excited, and motivated.
Part 2: About 45 days after hire
- Longer than Tier 1, should be around 3 hours long
- Covers what team members need to know to grow their jobs.
- After Part 2, your employee should feel educated, excited, and confident.
Activate Your Free Coaching for Leaders Membership
Get immediate access to my free, 10-day audio course, 10 Ways to Empower the People You Lead. Give me 10 minutes a day for 10 days to get the most immediate, practical actions to become a better leader. Join at CoachingforLeaders.com.
- CFL30: Six Mistakes Leaders Make Sending People to Training
- CFL36: What Every Leader Ought to Know About Sending People to Training
- CFL135: How To Get The Most Out Of Training
Chris Deferio, host of the Keys to the Shop podcast, appears on the show to help us discover how to lead part-time staff.
Thank you to Prabal for the kind review on iTunes. To leave a rating or review, visit https://coachingforleaders.com/itunes
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at https://coachingforleaders.com/feedback