Brian Robertson: Holacracy
Brian Robertson (web) (LinkedIn) is the primary developer of Holacracy, which allows leaders to release the reins of personal power and persuasion into a trustworthy and explicit governance process. He co-founded HolacracyOne to support Holacracy’s growth, and he fills and loves a broad variety of the company’s roles. Brian is the author of the book Holacracy: The New Management System for a Rapidly Changing World*.
- Holocracy functions like a city; everybody knows the parameters, and they go about their business without constantly having to consult a leader.
- It replaces the functions of managers with a set of processes.
- It holds meetings to decide who has authority and is responsible for each project, but not to decide how to do a project.
- Holacracy: The New Management System for a Rapidly Changing World* by Brian Robertson
Join the Weekly Leadership Guide
Get each episode's show notes and Dave's handpicked resources for leadership in your inbox each Wednesday. Plus, get instant access to Dave's readers' guide listing the 10 leadership books that will help you get better results from others.
Related Library Episodes
- CFL84: Daniel Pink on To Sell is Human
- CFL117: The Seven Steps You Follow To Delegate Work
- CFL253: New Management Practices of Leading Organizations
Thank you to Brett in the States for the kind review on iTunes and to Emmet in Ireland and Pierre in France for the reviews on Stitcher. To leave a rating or review, visit http://coachingforleaders.com/itunes
Submit your question for consideration on the next question and answer show the first Monday of every month at http://coachingforleaders.com/feedback