Brian Robertson: Holacracy
Brian Robertson is the primary developer of Holacracy, which allows leaders to release the reins of personal power and persuasion into a trustworthy and explicit governance process. He co-founded HolacracyOne to support Holacracy’s growth, and he fills and loves a broad variety of the company’s roles. Brian is the author of the book Holacracy: The New Management System for a Rapidly Changing World*.
- Holocracy functions like a city; everybody knows the parameters, and they go about their business without constantly having to consult a leader.
- It replaces the functions of managers with a set of processes.
- It holds meetings to decide who has authority and is responsible for each project, but not to decide how to do a project.
- Holacracy: The New Management System for a Rapidly Changing World* by Brian Robertson
Related Library Episodes
- The Surprising Truth About Influencing Others, with Daniel Pink (episode 84)
- How to Delegate Work Effectively (episode 117)
- New Practices in Organizational Leadership, with David Burkus (episode 253)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.