Tom Henschel: The Look & Sound of Leadership
Tom Henschel of Essential Communications grooms senior leaders and executive teams. An internationally recognized expert in the field of workplace communications and self-presentation, he has helped thousands of leaders achieve excellence through his work as an executive coach and his top-rated podcast, The Look & Sound of Leadership.
- There is a certain amount of fear involved in a promotion over peers.
- The situation has feelings attached to it.
- People’s reactions will be based on a bell curve, with most people not caring, but with a few being either really happy or really unhappy.
- What group will you focus on?
- Don’t take things personally.
- Have intentional conversations with your former peers to acknowledge that feelings are there and to listen to how they feel.
- The First 90 Days* by Michael Watkins
- Self-Esteem at Work* by Nathaniel Branden
- The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem* by Nathaniel Branden
- The Look & Sound of Leadership podcast
- Three Steps to Soliciting Feedback, with Tom Henschel (episode 107)
- How to Handle a Boss Who’s a Jerk, with Tom Henschel (episode 164)
- How to Improve Your Coaching Skills, with Tom Henschel (episode 190)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.