Gina Bianchini: Mighty Networks
Gina Bianchini is the Founder & CEO of Mighty Networks*. She is an expert on network effects. Mighty Networks is a pivot from the enterprise-only platform Mightybell, which powered communities for Intuit, American Express, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Mighty Networks has unlocked the opportunity to elevate the rapidly growing world of creators with a purpose. Gina and Mighty Networks have been featured in Fast Company, Wired, Vanity Fair, Bloomberg, and The New York Times.
In this conversation, Gina and I discussed the importance of a big, specific mission for an organization. In addition, the necessity to stay dedicated to that mission, especially during difficult times. Plus, she remindes us of the value in bringing all stakeholders along with that mission.
We are a master class in having a mission and deciding it is important no matter what is happening elsewhere.
Mission and Purpose
- Mission and purpose need to be big — and be specific.
- Make a clear distinction between “why” and “how.”
- Engage all stakeholders with the mission, including customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Start With Why, with Simon Sinek (episode 223)
- How to Create a Vivid Vision, with Cameron Herold (episode 345)
- How to Clarify What’s Important, with Ron Williams (episode 410)
- Seven Tools to Create Margin and a New Podcast (episode 411)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.