Cameron Herold: Vivid Vision
Cameron Herold is the founder of the COO Alliance and the author of several books including Meetings Suck* and The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs*, co-authored with Hal Elrod. His new book is Vivid Vision: A Remarkable Tool For Aligning Your Business Around a Shared Vision of the Future*.
- If you don’t have a good idea of where you want to be going, opportunities could pull you away from what you should be doing.
- When you’re clear on your direction, you’ll be able to say yes to the right opportunities and no to the wrong opportunities.
- Most leaders have a vision but they just don’t communicate it clearly.
- A Vivid Vision is a 4-5 page statement, written in the present tense, about where you see your company in three years.
- Create a vivid vision for the whole company and individual ones for each business area.
- Dream up what you’re looking to build and then put together the team and resources to help you do it.
- Just focus on what you want to do, don’t worry about how you’re going to do it.
- Vivid Vision: A Remarkable Tool For Aligning Your Business Around a Shared Vision of the Future* by Cameron Herold
- The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs* by Hal Elrod and Cameron Herold
Download my highlights from Vivid Vision in PDF format (free membership required).
- Start With Why, with Simon Sinek (episode 223)
- How to Lead Through Uncertainty and Change, with Jacqueline Farrington (episode 224)
- Ignite Change Through Storytelling, with Nancy Duarte and Patti Sanchez (episode 268)
- How to Create a Team Vision (MemberCast 4)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.