Lisa Cummings: Lead Through Strengths
Lisa Cummings is the founder and CEO of Lead Through Strengths, a firm that exists to help people find and use their strengths at work. Lisa and her team serve large teams and organizations to help them leverage the results of the CliftonStrengths (formerly StrengthsFinder) assessment. She is also the host of the popular Lead Through Strengths podcast.
In this conversation, Lisa and I discuss the value of bringing continual learning into existing team meetings. We explore several steps for making this a reality and feature her new StrengthsFinder training* for individuals and teams who want to do this more intentionally. Use code CFL10 for a 10% tuition discount if you decide the program is right for you.
- Consistency of team learning over time, each if for only a few minutes in each interaction, can make substantial progress.
- If possible, begin a meeting with a learning component.
- Help connect the dots for people between their natural talents and the work in front of them in the organization.
- When you ask people to think of others who they admire, be specific.
- Activity: What Do You Want to Be Remembered For? in PDF format (free membership required).
- StrengthsFinder training for individuals and teams* (use code CFL10 for a 10% tuition discount)
- The Ultimate Guide to Using Your Strengths to Get Hired
- Five Effective Ways to Train the People You Lead (episode 31)
- How Teams Use StrengthsFinder Results, with Lisa Cummings (episode 293)
- How to Lead Meetings That Get Results, with Mamie Kanfer Stewart (episode 358)
- One Alternative to Standing Meetings
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.