Michael Byrne: Silverman Shin & Byrne
Michael is an attorney and partner at Silverman Shin & Byrne in New York, one of the largest minority owned law firms in the State of New York. Michael’s primary areas of focus include tort and commercial litigation defense. He serves clients in a broad range of matters, including attorney malpractice, personal injury torts, insurance, business formation, securities and cyber liability claims.
He is a member of the New York State Bar Association and of several committees. Michael is also a member of the Puerto Rican Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute. He provides legal advice to various civic associations and youth ice hockey organizations in Long Island. He’s also a member of the Coaching for Leaders Academy.
- Trying to do everything yourself in leadership is like mowing a lawn with a pair of scissors.
- A critical shift for leaders to make is “time of possession” in the conversation. Work to have the other party speaking more.
- The answers people give to my questions are the answers to their own questions.
- Delegating well means that more time emerges to support others with skill development.
- Making time to be present for people also allows you more time for deep work.
- These Coaching Questions Get Results, with Michael Bungay Stanier (episode 237)
- Effective Delegation of Authority, with Hassan Osman (episode 413)
- How to Ask Better Questions, with David Marquet (episode 454)
Activate your free membership for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.